Welcome To Waunakee, WI!
Just five miles north of the state capital of Madison, WI, a fair and pleasant valley known as the "only Waunakee in the world" exists with a superior quality of life enjoyed by residents and businesses.
The Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce has been engaged in our fine community since 1979. Business and service groups unite together to make our community and the greater Dane County area a better place to live and work. We offer a unified voice for the business community on issues critical to their success and are a clearinghouse for plans affecting the future of Waunakee.
The Chamber is a goal-setting organization dedicated to helping the Waunakee area reach its full potential in growth and prosperity!
View current networking opportunities
Together Waunakee: Paving The Way
Important Road Construction Communication & Signage Information!
In a few weeks all Village postal customers will receive a 4-page newsletter construction guide.
· April 24, 4-7pm, DOT Road Construction Open House at the Village Center
· All businesses will be provided tear-off detour map pads
· About 20 large scale signs will be placed along the DOT's posted detour with the message: "Waunakee Businesses Open & Accessible", along with the Together Waunakee, Paving the Way official logo.
· In May, all businesses will be given a free yard sign that will say "Open For Business" and include the official Paving the Way Logo. This sign should be placed in front of your business. Intent is to show business unification throughout the Village.
· There will be directional signage along the local alternate detour routes designed to most effectively and safely move traffic E-W & N-S around project area
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BUSINESSES:
· Communicate with your customers, vendors and other service provider by giving suggestions on how to best access your business! Phone calls, email, mailers, social media, and website notices are a good way to accomplish this.
· Please avoid using additional signage. Sticking to our open for business message uniformly will be most effective for everyone.
· If you want certain directional signage, the State will consider business requests on a case-by-cases basis. ALL CASES WILL REQUIRE A DOT APPROVED PERMIT! Permit application can be found online at www.dot.wi.gov/projects/docs/prmt-tmpbusnssign.pdf
· The investment in signage by the Village is intended to deliver a consistent message to benefit ALL businesses. Each business is then given the opportunity to focus on marketing efforts that best meet operational needs.
The Waunakee Chamber of Commerce is here to serve our members as a business and community resource hub and to help in any way we can. For the most up to date road construction information go to www.togetherwaunakee.com.
A lead committee and group of work teams have initiated the effort and are planning for action during the next twelve months. www.togetherwaunakee.com has been created and will be the place to go for project information and updates. If you have questions or are interested in being a part of the effort, please contact us by email at email@example.com
What's Happening at the Chamber?
Waunakee ranked in the top 10 -
Madison Magazine, The Real Suburbs of Dane County
People in suburban Dane County care about public safety and property taxes and school success. They want municipal governments to spend money on parks and cultural offerings. And they are concerned about diversity—as in, they consider it a good thing and they’d like more of it in their communities.