Welcome To Waunakee, WI!
Just five miles north of the state capital of Madison, WI, a fair and pleasant valley known as the "only Waunakee in the world" exists with a superior quality of life enjoyed by residents and businesses.
The Waunakee Area Chamber of Commerce has been engaged in our fine community since 1979. Business and service groups unite together to make our community and the greater Dane County area a better place to live and work. We offer a unified voice for the business community on issues critical to their success and are a clearinghouse for plans affecting the future of Waunakee.
The Chamber is a goal-setting organization dedicated to helping the Waunakee area reach its full potential in growth and prosperity!
Read about Waunakee's "Return To Glory"
Halloween Trick or Treating will be on Saturday, October 31 from 5 – 7 pm. Please drive extra cautious in the neighborhoods and watch out for pedestrians.
The following are some safety tips for parents and children:
- Teach your children how to properly cross a street. Only cross streets at crosswalks.
- Help your child pick out or make a costume that has eye holes large enough for good peripheral vision.
- For greater visibility during dusk and darkness, decorate or trim costumes with reflective tape that will glow in the beam of a car's headlights.
- Bags or sacks should also be light colored or decorated with reflective tape. Reflective tape is usually available in hardware, bicycle, and sporting goods stores.
- To easily see and be seen, children should also carry flashlights or glow sticks.
- Costumes should be short enough to prevent children from tripping and falling.
- If your child is carrying a prop, make sure the tips are smooth and flexible enough to not cause injury if fallen on.
- Know the route your kids will be taking if you aren't going with them.
- The safest idea is to have an adult accompany kids. If you’re not with the kids, be sure to set a time they will be home by. Make sure they know how important it is for them to be home on time.
- Children should not enter homes or apartments unless they are accompanied by an adult.
Fall Leaf Collection
Fall leaf collection will begin on October 5, 2015 and end on November 19, 2015. Please remember to keep the branches and leaves separate from each other. Both items must be on the terrace in front of your house, not in the road. There will be no leaf pick-up in the alleys and leaves in plastic bags must be removed from the plastic bags before pick-up.
Waunakee Makes Top 10 Best Community in the Nation!
Family Circle has selected Waunakee as one of the 10 best communities for families in the entire nation for 2015! The article is in the August issue. For an advanced preview of the article, scroll through the selected communities by clicking the aqua arrows once you're in the link below:
Waunakee is Top 10 in nation in Family Circle!
View current networking opportunities